Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an old family recipe. These cookies are very easy and quite delicious! Prep time does not include chilling time.
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup chopped almonds or 1⁄3 cup pecans (or both)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Cream butter well.
- Gradually add sugar, then blend in corn syrup, mixing well.
- Add nuts.
- Blend flour and baking soda, then add to butter mixture.
- Roll dough into logs.
- Wrap in waxed paper and chill well.
- Slice thin (about 1/4 inch) with a sharp knife.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet at 375° for about 10 minutes.
These cookies are good...I just have a few things to mention. The recipe didn't say how big the logs had to be, I made 4 about 1 in. thick. Also when I first cut them i thought i was cutting them 1/4 in. thick but 10 min. in the oven they were all burnt. I limited the time to about 6-7 min. and made them bigger..about 1/2 in. thick. These "new" ones came out perfect! Everyone that tried them has liked them. I myself, like the chewy kinda cookies, these ones are harder, but still good. Oh and I didn't have dark corn syrup, so I used light (since it was only a tbls.), but they still came out good.