Recipe by Hey Jude
This is an old family recipe. These cookies are very easy and quite delicious! Prep time does not include chilling time.
Top Review by Katrina
These cookies are good...I just have a few things to mention. The recipe didn't say how big the logs had to be, I made 4 about 1 in. thick. Also when I first cut them i thought i was cutting them 1/4 in. thick but 10 min. in the oven they were all burnt. I limited the time to about 6-7 min. and made them bigger..about 1/2 in. thick. These "new" ones came out perfect! Everyone that tried them has liked them. I myself, like the chewy kinda cookies, these ones are harder, but still good. Oh and I didn't have dark corn syrup, so I used light (since it was only a tbls.), but they still came out good.
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup chopped almonds or 1⁄3 cup pecans (or both)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter well.
- Gradually add sugar, then blend in corn syrup, mixing well.
- Add nuts.
- Blend flour and baking soda, then add to butter mixture.
- Roll dough into logs.
- Wrap in waxed paper and chill well.
- Slice thin (about 1/4 inch) with a sharp knife.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet at 375° for about 10 minutes.