Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
ZWT6 - Scandinavia
- 8 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 egg, separated
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 lb mild pork sausage
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs (to coat)
- Peel eggs.
- Separate raw egg, slightly beating the white on a small plate and beating the yolk with the milk on another.
- Dip each egg in the egg white; coat with sausage and dip in yolk-milk mixture and roll in crumbs.
- Deep fry until well browned.
- Drain on paper towels and keep warm until all are fried.
- Cut in halves, lengthwise and serve hot.
- Nice, too, served on toast points with a cheese sauce, as a luncheon dish.
Very good, Elaine.......I do wish I had used a spicier sausage, as I thought they were a tad bland. I think I'll try them with the cheese sauce, and see what that does. Thnx for posting, hon. Made for KcK's Forum Tag Game.
Made recipe as posted, except went with 1/2 pound pork sausage, and 1/2 pound ground beef, we thought it was good, but thought it could use some seasonings such as pepper, still a tasty recipe. Made for Football Pool.