Recipe by LAURIE
Traditional recipe taken from the Country Bed and Breakfast near Shafer, MN. The owners Swedish grandmother made this for special occasions, now it is served in the B&B.
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure water in to an enamel coffee pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Measure ground coffee into mixing bowl, add raw egg and mix well.
- Add this mixture into the boiling water.
- Reduce heat and stir well with long wooden spoon.
- Simmer coffee for two minutes.
- Boil hard for one minute.
- Let the coffee rest for one minute, then pour 1/4 cup cold water into the coffee to settle the grounds.
- Strain into a serving pot and serve.