Prep 50 mins
Cook 10 mins
We have local bakery that makes a small cookie like this with a little icing in the middle. Everyone loves them, but 1 dozen very small cookies is around $3.00. I made these and just change the color of the icing depending on the season or event.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup powdered sugar, approximate
- 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon cream
- 2 -3 drops food coloring
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter in mixer bowl until light.
- Add sugar and continue beating until fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients; mix well.
- Shape into 3/4 inch ball and place on ungreased cookie sheet. ( I probably end up making mine bigger,because it takes longer to cook and I never get 7 dozen).
- Press indentation in each center.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until just turning light brown.
- Cool on cookie sheet for several minutes.
- Remove to wire rack and cool.
- Make icing until it flows from the spoon adjusting ingredients as needed. ( I just usually put the powdered sugar in a cup and add some cream or milk until it is the right consistency.).