Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Haven't tried these yet. Putting it here for safekeeping.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup coconut, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat sugar, butter, shortening and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour and baking soda by hand. Mix in pecans and coconut.
- Roll cookie dough into 1-inch balls and place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or till the edges are lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool.