24 hrs 20 mins
Serve the slices of salmon garnished with fresh dill and slices or pieces of salmon skin and with gravlaxsas. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs fresh salmon, center cut
- 3 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons white peppercorns, crushed
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- 1Remove the backbone and other bones from the salmon and cut in half lengthwise.
- 2Combine the salt, sugar and pepper and rub over the insides of the fish.
- 3Place one piece, skin side down, in a large bowl or serving dish.
- 4Place the dill over the salmon. Top with the other piece of fish, skin side up.
- 5Place a heavy platter over the salmon and weight it down.
- 6Refrigerate, covered, for 24 hours. Turn the fish once or twice during this time.
- 7When finished, remove the salmon from the dish and scrape off the seasonings and dill.
- 8Cut off skin and slice the salmon diagonally into thin slices.
- 9Serve salmon.
- 10For Gravlaxsas: Combine the mustard, sugar and vinegar in a bowl and mix well together to make a paste. Slowly add the oil, beating well after each addition. Beat until the sauce is the consistency of mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper and add the dill. Makes 1/2 cup.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swedish Dill Salmon (Gravlax)
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.6
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 117.8 mg
- Sodium 3246.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 45.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: