- 1 3⁄4 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder together and set aside.
- Blend the butter, shortening and vanilla. Beat the sugar in gradually.
- Add the flour mixture, almonds, and chocolate.
- Shape on waxed paper in 2 9" rolls. Roll up. Chill several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Unroll. Cut in 1/8" slices. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 F for 8 to 10 minutes.