Recipe by French Tart
This cucumber salad goes well with just any kind of meal. In Sweden, strong white distilled vinegar is usually used (12%), which gives the cucumber salad the correct sweet-and-sour flavour and a wonderful fresh and refreshing taste.
Top Review by Sunny In Florida
Making with the caraway seeds is what makes this recipe different and Swedish! Loved the mixture of ingredients and will make again. My DH loved this and requested it again soon! If he likes it, then it's a go! Thanks for this one FT!
- 2 fresh cucumbers
- 14.79 ml parsley, chopped
- 4.92-9.85 ml rough ground black pepper
- 4.92 ml salt
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml white distilled vinegar
- 4.92 ml caraway seed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cucumbers into the thinnest possible slices.
- Arrange slices in a bowl.
- Whisk together the white distilled vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Pour over the cucumbers.
- Place a plate with a weight over the cucumbers to squeeze out the liquid.
- Chill for 1 hour.