- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped (or thin-sliced red onion)
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash pepper
- lettuce (several leaves)
- parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the cucumbers and slice them thin.
- Sprinkle the cucumbers with 1 tsp salt and let stand 30 minutes. Drain.
- Combine sour cream, vinegar, chives, dill, sugar and pepper. Pour over cucumbers. Add salt, if needed, to taste.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Arrange chilled cucumbers on bed of lettuce. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.