Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 mins
These are great little cookies for any holiday!! For Christmas I use red and green sugar (one side red and one green), for Easter I use pastels. For just everyday, I use regular sugar.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix butter, flour and whipping cream well.
- Roll dough on floured board as thin as you can.
- cut with a small cookie cutter (I prefer a"fluted" one about 1-1 1/2 inches).
- Dip in sugar (use colored sugar for holidays).
- Prick tops with fork (they then look like little round crackers).
- Bake 7-9 minutes at 350F degrees or until light and golden.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- Mix butter, powdered sugar, egg yolk, vanilla.
- Mix all well Pipe onto bottom side of cooled cookie and top with another cookie Make sure you have the bottoms against the filling so they are"prettier".
- Refrigerate Due to the raw egg yolk in filling, make very sure your eggs are fresh (I've NEVER had any problems with this).
I haven't tried your recipe but this is the exact same one as my Grandmothers and we just made them. You can't eat just one. Try them with Almond Extract instead of Vanilla - it's excellent!