- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon imitation vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or 1 cup frozen red raspberries, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine cream and 1 cup sugar.
- Cook and stir constantly over low heat until candy thermometer reads 160° or steam rises from pan (do not boil).
- Stir in gelatin until dissolved; add extracts.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Whisk in sour cream.
- Pour into eight dessert glasses or small bowls; chill at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, combine raspberries and remaining sugar; spoon over each serving.