Recipe by PanNan
This is a swedish cream sauce to serve over meatballs for Swedish Meatballs or hamburger steaks with onions (Pannbiff Med Lok - patties with onions).
Top Review by Elmotoo
I slowly sauteed the veggies then verrryyy slowwwwlllyyy brought the cream to a simmer to extract as much flavor as possible from them. Delicious!! Schluuurrrp! Made to go with recipe#427637 for ZWT9, Mike & the Appliance Killers!
- 1 1⁄4 cups cream
- 1 shallot
- 1 carrot
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon (or 1 beef bouillon cube)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and dice the shallot and carrot.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan and saute the vegetables over medium heat until soft.
- Add the cream, soy sauce, bouillon and pepper. Whisk until the cream sauce is thickened and remove from the heat.
- Strain the sauce to remove the vegetable particles. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve over meatballs or patties with onions and/or potatoes.