Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is rich and creamy, and easy to make, too! Hope you enjoy! :)
- 340.19 g fresh whole mushroom
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml chopped onions
- 29.58 ml flour
- 0.25 ml pepper (to taste)
- 4.92 ml salt (to taste)
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 297.66 g can beef consomme
- 295.73 ml milk
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- chopped fresh parsley, if desired (to garnish)
- Wipe mushrooms clean with damp paper towel, or rinse under cold water. (Drain).
- Put butter into saucepan, and add onion and mushrooms, cover, and simmer 5 minutes over med-low heat. You just want to simmer them, not brown them, so stir once or twice and lower heat if necessary.
- Remove mushrooms and place into blender or food processor.
- Add flour, seasonings and 1/2 cup consomme.
- Puree. You will need to scrape down a couple of times.
- Pour puree back into pan.
- Add remaining liquids and simmer over low heat stirring til smooth.
- Serve with warm crusty bread for dipping.
- Can garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
Wow, this is terrific and so easy to make! I used a stick blender to mix everything up right in the cooking pot. Great mushroom flavor. We loved it! Made for ZWT3.
Excellent! Only change I made was to chop up additional mushrooms at the end and add the chunks to the creamy soup. We loved it.
Absolutely delicious! Hubby likes some mushrooms chunky so I didn't put all into a blender. Easy recipe -- one of our favorites.