Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These have a similar texture to shortbread...very good.
Top Review by andypandy
This is the same recipe as mine that I have been using since 1968. The only difference is I use toasted coconut and no nuts, I also roll into small balls and flatten with a sugared glass bottom. Nice cooky
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutions)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 walnuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar with vanilla.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture along with the coconut and nuts (if using).
- Mix to form a roll.
- Chill in the fridge for 2 or more hours.
- Slice and bake on a greased cookie sheet OR drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly brown.