Recipe by Bec
From a little Swedish Recipes book of mine.
Top Review by StarGramma
These cookies are absolutely wonderful. They are my standard recipe for making my version of "Snickerdoodles" - they are much better than any snickerdoodle recipe I have ever found. I have been making them for nearly 40 years. I hadn't made them for a while and had to search through some cookbooks to find the recipe again. Try them; you won't be disappointed if you like snickerdoodle-type cookies. The finely chopped walnuts add something, but can be left out of the topping if a nut allergy is a problem.
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped fine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and gradually add 1 cup sugar.
- Beat in vanilla and eggs.
- Sift the flour with baking powder and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Add to egg mixture and blend well.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine walnuts, cinnamon and sugar.
- Roll chilled dough into sugar.
- Place cookies on greased and floured baking sheets about 3 inches apart. Bake about 12 minutes. Cool on racks.