Prep 12 mins
Cook 14 mins
I just finished making these for the first time for Christmas this year. They are insanely delicious, everyone in my family loves them. These willl make a crisp, buttery, delicately spicy addition to your cookie plate.
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the molasses and mix well.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the egg yolk in a small bowl. Stir into the creamed mixture.
- Add the flour and cinnamon and mix well.
- Roll dough into small balls, roll in additional white sugar to coat.
- Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake 14--16 minutes at 350 degrees or until the cookies are slightly firm.