1/2 Photos of Swedish Christmas Cookies
3 hrs 25 mins
Leah's Kitchen's Note:
Lovely, simple cookies spiced with cardamom, vanilla, and lemon zest. posted for Zaar World Tour. Instead of the sanding sugar you can just add some food coloring to regular sugar and stir in in until well mixed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk the flour, cardamom, and salt in a bowl.
- 2Put the butter and confectioners' sugar in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- 3Pulse in the egg, vanilla, and lemon zest until combined. Add the flour mixture and process to make a soft buttery dough.
- 4Divide dough in half onto 2 (12-inch long) sheets of plastic wrap, using the plastic, shape into rough logs.
- 5Refrigerate the dough logs for 30 minutes until just firm enough to shape into uniform logs, 8-inches long by 2-inches in diameter. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 6Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 7Scatter either the sanding sugars or toasted nuts on a work surface and roll the logs until completely coated.
- 8Cut into 1/4-inch thick cookies and space about 1 inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- 9Bake until golden around the edges, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cool cookies on the pan on wire racks. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swedish Christmas Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.5
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 57.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g