Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple traditional snack usually served with tea or coffee. Enjoy! (Found this recipe off the internet to post for ZWT6) I haven't made this yet so yield is approx.
- 3 1⁄4 cups oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar (or 1 tsp vanilla extract, added with the coffee)
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 6 tablespoons cold coffee
- flaked coconut
- Mix oats, sugar, vanilla sugar, and cocoa in a large bowl.
- Using your hands or a potato masher, incorporate the butter into the dry ingredients until the dough has an even consistency.
- Add the coffee and mix until incorporated.
- Fill a small bowl with flaked coconut.
- With your hands, roll the dough into 3 cm (1 inch) diameter balls.
- Roll each ball in the coconut and place on a tray.
- Chill chocolate balls for at least one hour before serving.
I made these today for my daughters school project on Sweden. I doubled the recipe and made them much smaller because I needed a minimum of 100! They are really tasty but at the golf ball size they are a bit overwhelming even for my major sweet tooth!!!