Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
So moist, it doesn't need frosting!
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 ounces baking chocolate, unsweetened,melted
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Butter a bundt pan and sprinkle with about 2 tbsp.
- dry breadcrumbs, until it is well-coated.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar and the shortening and cream well.
- Blend in the eggs, one at a time, and beat well.
- Stir in the melted chocolate.
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Combine the cream and vanilla extract, and then add to the chocolate mixture alternately with the dry ingredients, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool the cake in the pan a few minutes before removing.
Very moist... and I agree, It doesn't need frosting!
I used this for a school project on Sweden. It is a wonderful cake and easy to make! This is definatly a "five-star" cake! I would suggest it to anyone!