Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Not sure what's swedish about it, but....
- 4 chicken breasts, roasted and shredded (or a whole chicken)
- 2 large red apples, diced
- 2 large green apples, diced
- 3 oranges, diced as well as you can
- 1⁄2 cup grapes (any color)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 -4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours.
- Serve with cold white rice.
This is a good salad, but be sure you refrigerate it for the stated time to blend the flavors.
Followed directions and cut back a bit on the curry powder (personal taste). Served celery on the side. I liked this unusual recipe. A great hot weather lunch. Thanks for posting!
Not sure what's swedish about it, but.... THEY MUST KNOW A GOOD ONE WHEN THEY SEE IT. SORRY I JUST HAD TO GO ON-LINE TO SEE WHY They call this waldorf copy a Swedish dish...Oscar of the Waldorf", internationally famous chef was born in Switzerland Oscar Tschirky and was a member of Metropolitan Lodge #273, New York City. I figure the Swedish made a change to the Switzzerland Waldorf salad and called it there`s.I couldn`t use Miracle Whip used Hellman`s.Skipped the 2 red apples. And used a can of mandarin instead of fresh.And I had to put in diced celery.This was quite Good!!!!!! Oh Troy is your Dad or do you have a relative Ed Haluka?