Recipe by lemoncurd
These cookies are light, buttery and aromatic. Wonderful with a cup of tea.
Top Review by Marney
Excellent cookies! The dough comes together nicely and is very easy to work with. Great taste and texture. These smell amazing while baking. I used the orange zest and colored sugar. Will make again for sure, thank you for sharing.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind or 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- colored crystal sugar or chopped toasted pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the butter and icing sugar in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Pulse in the egg, vanilla, cardamom and zest until combined.
- Add the flour and process to make a soft dough.
- Divide dough in half,place onto two (12- inch long) sheets of plastic wrap, using the plastic, shape into 8-inches long by 2-inches in diameter logs.
- Refrigerate the dough logs for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Scatter either the coloured sugars or toasted nuts on a work surface and roll the logs until completely coated.
- Cut into 1/4-inch thick cookies and space about 1 inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until golden around the edges, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool cookies on the pan. Remove to airtight container.