Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was found in the 1973 cookbook, Scandinavian Cooking. Preparation time does not include the time needed for the salad to chill!
- 1 cup cabbage, finely shredded (white cabbage preferred)
- 2 navel oranges, sectioned
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a covered container, combine cabbage, oranges & raisins, then add oil & lemon juice & toss well.
- Chill in the refregerator for up to 2 hours.
- Serve with meat & fish dishes.
Nice and fresh salad! Very tart with the lemon juice, great served with seafood. I used dried cranberries instead of the golden raisins and we really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe!
A fresh change of pace for cabbage. I used tangerines and they really livened up the salad. I ate this by itself for lunch and didn't want anything else. Made for ZWT 6.
Thanks for sharing your recipe Syd, it was delicious. I really enjoyed this tart and tangy treat. I marinated it over night and enjoyed it the next day for lunch. I made exactly as written seasoning it with fresh ground sea salt and black pepper just before serving.