Recipe by littleturtle
Chocolate chips or maple and pecans nestled in a butter cookie made the Swedish way.
- 177.44 ml butter, room temperature
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml flour
- 118.29 ml chocolate chips (for Swedish Butter Strips) or 3.69 ml maple flavoring (for maple pecan squares)
- 118.29 ml pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (360° at high altitude).
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and salt; blend in remaining ingredients.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts, and shape into 12" rolls.
- Place 3" apart on ungreased cookie sheets, and flatten with a floured fork to 1/4" high.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until delicately browned (golden) at the edges.
- Cool for a few minutes and cut with a sharp knife into 1" diagonals.