Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chocolate chips or maple and pecans nestled in a butter cookie made the Swedish way.
Make and share this Swedish Butter Strips or Maple Pecan Strips (Cookies) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (360° at high altitude).
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and salt; blend in remaining ingredients.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts, and shape into 12" rolls.
- Place 3" apart on ungreased cookie sheets, and flatten with a floured fork to 1/4" high.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until delicately browned (golden) at the edges.
- Cool for a few minutes and cut with a sharp knife into 1" diagonals.