Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From 'Taste of Home Cookies' - These are a crisp butter cookie with a secret ingredient. What coffee does for chocolate, the very small amount of maple syrup does for these butter cookies - rich, buttery, mmmmm! The dough rolls into logs and I cut with a pizza cutter for quick production.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add maple syrup; mix well.
- Combine the flour and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Divide the dough into eight portions; Roll each portion into a 9-inch log.
- Place 3-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300°F for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cut into 1-inch slices (I use a pizza cutter and go through all on a sheet at once).
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
These cookies are delicious. Inhaled by everyone in the family. I will not roll in logs next time.
This is a really easy recipe that is quick to prepare. I kept to the recipe exactly and I was very happy with the result.
These cookies were easy and quick to make. The texture is very tender and the taste is so good. The addition of the maple syrup was a surprise. Took a little longer to brown, but that may be the fault of my oven. I'll make them often!