1/2 Photos of Swedish Butter Cookies
Connie K's Note:
From 'Taste of Home Cookies' - These are a crisp butter cookie with a secret ingredient. What coffee does for chocolate, the very small amount of maple syrup does for these butter cookies - rich, buttery, mmmmm! The dough rolls into logs and I cut with a pizza cutter for quick production.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- 2Add maple syrup; mix well.
- 3Combine the flour and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- 4Divide the dough into eight portions; Roll each portion into a 9-inch log.
- 5Place 3-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 6Bake at 300°F for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 7Cut into 1-inch slices (I use a pizza cutter and go through all on a sheet at once).
- 8Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 9Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swedish Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (711 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.1
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 428.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 37.3 g
- Protein 4.6 g