Recipe by Connie K
From 'Taste of Home Cookies' - These are a crisp butter cookie with a secret ingredient. What coffee does for chocolate, the very small amount of maple syrup does for these butter cookies - rich, buttery, mmmmm! The dough rolls into logs and I cut with a pizza cutter for quick production.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add maple syrup; mix well.
- Combine the flour and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Divide the dough into eight portions; Roll each portion into a 9-inch log.
- Place 3-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300°F for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cut into 1-inch slices (I use a pizza cutter and go through all on a sheet at once).
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.