Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This comes from an ground beef cookbook, and is posted for the Zaar World tour to Scandinavia. I have not tried this but think it sounds interesting
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 8 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- lettuce leaf
- In a bowl combine egg and ½ cup sour cream.
- Stir in bread crumbs, onion, mustard, mace and salt.
- Add ground meats.
- Gently mix well.
- Shape into 8 patties each ½ inch thick.
- In large skillet brown slowly on both sides.
- Continue cooking over low heat for 15 minutes.
- To serve place patties on toasted rolls and spread with remaining sour cream,.
- Top with lettuce and other half of roll.