Recipe by French Tart
An absolute "must" as an accompaniment to the Swedish Smorgasbord, this salad is very easy to make and is delicious with cold meats, fish, potatoes and open sandwiches.
Top Review by Scoutie
Delish!! I am fast becoming a beet fan. I also had to use the bottled horseradish, as that is what was in the house tho I am sure it is much better with the fresh. I used a large Granny Smith apple. Next time I may try adding some chopped red onion. Thanks for posting French Tart. Made for ZWT 6.
- 250 g pickled beets, cubed
- 2 pickled gherkins, cut into small pieces
- 1 apple, peeled cored and cubed
- 1 -2 teaspoon grated horseradish root
- 200 g sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the chopped vegetables and fruit together - making sure that they are cut into a similar size.
- Stir the grated horseradish into the sour cream - bit by bit, checking for taste after each addition.
- Then add the chopped vegetables and fruit to the horseradish and sour cream mixture.
- Put into an attractive serving bowl and sprinkle with chopped dill.
- Serve with the Smorgasbord, or with cold cuts, quiches and pickled fish. Also wonderful to take on a picnic.