Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
For the beet lovers, like me. Preparation time does not include time needed to cook the beets. You can use two 14 oz cans of sliced beets if you prefer. From grouprecipes.com
- 5 large cooked beets, peeled and sliced julienne
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored and sliced julienne
- 1 white onion, peeled, cut in half and then sliced thinly
- 3⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 pinch white pepper
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish and white pepper together well.
- Mix beets, apple and onion together.
- Mix beet mixture with sour cream mixture. Stir well to blend. It will turn pink.
- Can be served chilled or at room temperature.
Great refreshing beet salad! I love the combination of beets and apples. Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for ZWT 9 Family Picks for The Apron String Travelers
Very interesting blend of flavors and very tasty. I used canned beets and a huge apple so I think my ratio of beets to apples was off. I should have saved some beet juice to mix into the dressing to make it more pink and thinner. Made for ZWT9.
What a nice beet salad. We used canned beats and a nice onion. We felt the apple was a nice touch. Made for ZWT6.