Recipe by Liara
The Linneas of Texas Swedish Recipes Gathered from the Internet 1998 Attached are some recipes and cute stories from Sweden. These were found on the Internet and are believed to be authentic and good recipes and stories. Please try them and let us all know which ones you liked. Now you will have NO excuse when asked to bake a Swedish dish!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 lbs boneless beef chuck roast or 5 lbs rump roast
- 4 anchovies, chopped (optional)
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 15 peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whiskey
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a heavy kettle or deep frying pan.
- Add beef roast and brown well on all sides.
- Add anchovies, onion, salt, bay leaf, peppercorns, sugar vinegar, whiskey and water.
- Cover tightly and cook slowly 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Serve roast with the pan juice.
- (The pan juice may be thickened for gravy-- One-half cup of cream added makes a delicious gravy).