Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this recipe in the newspaper in 1979 and this is the way I've made our baked beans ever since! Believe me this odd combination of ingredients works well together!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled, or
- 1 -2 cup chopped boiled ham
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3⁄4 cup catsup
- Combine all ingredients, mix well. Put into a 2-quart casserole. Bake covered at 250 degrees about 1 1/2 hours.