Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was found in the 1973 cookbook, Scandinavian Cooking.
Make and share this Swedish Baked Pancake recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with 1 cup of milk until well blended, then stir in salt, sugar & flour to make a smooth batter.
- Stir in remainder of milk, blending until smooth, then set batter aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, then butter a 8"x12" baking dish.
- Stir the batter slightly, then pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until pancake is golden brown & puffy.
- Serve immediately topped with jam or fruit puree.
My son gave this an easy 5 stars! He loved it and I had fun watching it deflate when I took it out of the oven. It was huge! Great base recipe that is very "old country". It would be great to play around with - I can almost see it being used for a savoury topping. Made for PRMR tag game. Thanks Sydney Mike! :)
I found this a bit bland - perhaps some nutmeg or vanilla in the batter would perk up the flavor a bit. Mind, it was a very nice foil for some apple tapioca pudding I had left. I made half the recipe, and baked in a 6x6 in. pan, and I think I too might use a larger pan next time - mine took quite a bit longer to cook through. It's almost souffle like in consistency, which was nice, just needs a little something more to the recipe.
Very nice breakfast. Cut recipe in half and made in a 9 x 9 pan. Topped with Apple Dessert (Quick). Turned out gold and light and made a very nice base for the apples. Thanks so much for the post.