Recipe by Mrs B
This comes from the “Earthy Family” website (it’s amazing what a word search will find you!), but I’ve changed it to use store bought almond paste. Serve with whipped cream or custard. Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005.
Top Review by MaMere
Wonderful apples!! I made this recipe using honeycrisp apples and used cornflake crumbs as the coating. Baked for 40 minutes so the apple still had some crispness to it. I topped with whipping cream (unwhipped) that had been mixed with a bit of almond extract to compliment the almond paste. Thank You for sharing Mrs B, will be made often this Autumn!
- 6 baking apples
- 8 ounces store bought almond paste
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 F / 180 C /gas mark 4.
- Peel the apples and carefully core them almost to the bottom.
- Brush apples with melted butter, then roll them in the breadcrumbs; place onto a shallow oven proof dish.
- Fill the centres of the apples with almond paste; if you have any butter and breadcrumbs left over, drizzle the butter and sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until apples are soft.