Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
I won 1st place in an apple bake-off contest with this recipe. It is the easiest and best apple pie I have ever tasted. It has no crust, believe me, it doesn't need one. I always use Granny Smith apples because they are the best apples for pies. Enjoy!!!!
- 2 1⁄2 cups peeled cored and sliced apples
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan with margarine.
- Fill 2/3 of the pan with sliced apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup sugar with the melted margarine. Stir in pecans, flour and salt. Spread mixture over the apples.
- Bake in preheated oven for 65 minutes, or until golden brown.