Recipe by Amy D
This is a "no crust" apple pie that my mom used to make. It is great served alone or with vanilla ice cream. This is a "must" for our family at holiday gatherings.
- 4 -5 medium apples (peeled, cored, and sliced)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar (divided)
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Fill pie pan 3/4 full with apples.
- Mix 1/4 cup sugar and 3 tsp cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- In saucepan, melt butter and remove from heat.
- Add remaining ingredients (including the 1 cup of sugar remaining).
- Pour evenly over the apples in pan.
- Bake 45 minutes.