Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a "no crust" apple pie that my mom used to make. It is great served alone or with vanilla ice cream. This is a "must" for our family at holiday gatherings.
- 4 -5 medium apples (peeled, cored, and sliced)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar (divided)
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Fill pie pan 3/4 full with apples.
- Mix 1/4 cup sugar and 3 tsp cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- In saucepan, melt butter and remove from heat.
- Add remaining ingredients (including the 1 cup of sugar remaining).
- Pour evenly over the apples in pan.
- Bake 45 minutes.
This was the best apple pie I have ever tasted and the easiest to make! The self made crust was so tasty!
This smells delicious while baking and tastes really good. I made it gluten free by using a rice flour mix (white rice flour & half the amount of tapioca starch, no gum) I used granny smith apples, dark brown sugar on top of the apples and white sugar in the crust, I reduced both by about half along with the butter like another reviewer on this one> Appelpaj Swedish Apple Pie. Doing that made the batter unable to be poured, but I spooned it on top and it worked out fine. I would make this again and would like to try with more butter than I did but keep the sugar at about half.
I love this pie it is great! You can also make it with blueberries. For more Swedish cookie recipes I would like to recommend this site