Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious Apple Cream Pie, unlike I have ever tasted before. Tired of the same old Apple Pie? This one is for you! Hope you enjoy!
- 3 1⁄2 cups sliced apples (I use Granny Smith)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- Boil apples just until beginning to soften; drain well.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix drained apples, flour, sugar and salt Beat eggs and vanilla together and add to apple mixture.
- Fold in sour cream.
- Pour into pie shell and bake approx.40 minutes or until set.
- While pie is baking, prepare topping as follows:.
- Combine sugar, flour, ground cinnamon and softened butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Remove pie from oven and sprinkle on topping.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
I made this today and it was great! First off, mine looked nothing like any of the pictures posted here...my fault! I used 5 granny apples (too many) didn't drain it long enough (too runny) and the pie shell wasn't nearly large enough. My crumbs came out as melted butter (kitchen too warm). Other than that, it cooked up with just a little jiggle in the middle but it was killer!! Can't wait to make it the proper way next time LOL Thanks Leslie for a yummy pie recipe!
Made it exactly as the recipe. The dough part was to salty. When I cooked it at the exact time, right to the bubbles for 16 minute the crust was very dry and still salty. The filling however was good. I gave three stars for the filling, but the crust is horrible, unless you like salt. It tasted more like a pizza dough to me. :(
Great recipe!!! I tweaked it a bit, I peeled, cored, sliced and baked the apples with some water and cinnamon instead of boiling since boiling would cook off the nutrients. So since I didn't drain the water off I doubled the regular flour to 4 tbs and added 2 tbs whole wheat flour. Now since everyone had issues with the topping I did my own. 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 2tbs butter and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. I also made a icing to go on top of the crumb topping.