Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got this recipe from a church cookbook called Favorite Recipes of Edmonds (1975) by Lea Franklin.
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml flour
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 709.77 ml apples, raw, peeled and chopped
- 118.29 ml nuts, chopped
- 354.88 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml milk
- 44.37 ml butter
- Cream shortening, gradually add sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and beat well.
- Sift flour with salt, spices and soda.
- Mix into first blend. Add apples and nuts.
- Spread into greased and floured 8 x 12 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, and spread topping.
- Return to oven and bake 25 minutes longer until done.
- Topping: Combine brown sugar with milk and butter in saucepan. Heat slowly until well blended. Spread over partially baked cake and bake as directed.