Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got this recipe from a church cookbook called Favorite Recipes of Edmonds (1975) by Lea Franklin.
Make and share this Swedish Apple Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups apples, raw, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Cream shortening, gradually add sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and beat well.
- Sift flour with salt, spices and soda.
- Mix into first blend. Add apples and nuts.
- Spread into greased and floured 8 x 12 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, and spread topping.
- Return to oven and bake 25 minutes longer until done.
- Topping: Combine brown sugar with milk and butter in saucepan. Heat slowly until well blended. Spread over partially baked cake and bake as directed.