Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got this recipe from a church cookbook called Favorite Recipes of Edmonds (1975) by Lea Franklin.
Make and share this Swedish Apple Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Cream shortening, gradually add sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and beat well.
- Sift flour with salt, spices and soda.
- Mix into first blend. Add apples and nuts.
- Spread into greased and floured 8 x 12 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, and spread topping.
- Return to oven and bake 25 minutes longer until done.
- Topping: Combine brown sugar with milk and butter in saucepan. Heat slowly until well blended. Spread over partially baked cake and bake as directed.