1 hr 27 mins
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
From Toronto Star website Cardamom is a highly aromatic spice popular in Scandinavian baking. Since you are unlikely to use it often, I recommend buying exactly what you need at a bulk store. Cooking time includes resting time and cooling time between steps. These cookies are very hard so be sure to serve them with a beverage ie milk or coffee
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium bowl, combine flour, cardamom, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 2In stand mixer fitted with paddle, mix butter and sugar on low speed until just combined.
- 3Beat on medium-high until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- 4Reduce to low; add vanilla.
- 5Add eggs one at a time until combined.
- 6Slowly add dry ingredients until combined.
- 7Stop machine and fold in nuts by hand.
- 8Cover dough with plastic wrap; let rest for 10 minutes.
- 9Line 12- by 18-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 10Transfer dough onto lightly floured work surface and divide in two.
- 11Roll each portion into 14-inch log and transfer to prepared sheet. Lightly flatten logs with hands to 2-1/2 inches wide.
- 12Bake on middle rack until golden at edges and firm in centre, about 25 minutes.
- 13Cool 15 minutes; transfer to cutting board.
- 14With sharp serrated knife, cut into 3/4-inch thick pieces.
- 15Place on sheet cut side down.
- 16Bake on lower rack until bottoms are lightly golden, about 12 minutes.
- 17Flip cookies and bake on bottom rack until golden, about 10 minutes.
- 18Cool completely before storing in airtight container for up to one month.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swedish Almond Tusks (Mandelskorpor)
Serving Size: 1 (1050 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.0
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 48.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 1.9 g