Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Swaziland, officially the Kingdom of Swaziland, sometimes called Ngwane or Swatini, is a landlocked country in southern Africa, bordered to the north, south and west by South Africa, and to the east by Mozambique. Swaziland’s swooping slopes are dotted with crops; where the Swazi grow fresh produce. Swazi Salads almost always include avocado, lettuce, onion, and beets. Here is a nice version from Global Table Adventure.
For the salad
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 -3 cooked sliced beets (or chopped)
- 2 -3 chopped radishes
- 1⁄4 cup crushed peanuts (I like them roasted)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- salt & pepper
- olive oil (optional)
- Combine all salad ingredients.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together, stirring in a little oil as desired.
- Drizzle with a bit of the dressing.
- Place remainder on the table for diners to add more, as desired.