Recipe by bmcnichol
I have been making this for years. Got it off a can of something Swanson.
Top Review by The Veganista
I made this for my boyfriend and he said it was really good. I had to add more then 2 tablespoons of corn starch. There was just too much liquid for that amount of corn starch. It wouldn't have even thickened up the way it should have if I didn't add more. I also used onion, broccoli, celery and carrots.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) can Swanson chicken broth (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups cut-up vegetables (I use carrots, brocolli, & peppers)
- 2 (5 ounce) cans premium chunk chicken, drained
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl mix cornstarch, broth, soy and ginger until smooth. Set aside.
- In medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add vegetables and stir-fry until tender-crisp.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add. Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Add chicken and heat through. Serve over rice.
- TIP: * Use a combination of broccoli flowerets, sliced carrots and green or red pepper strips.