Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe was in my Weight Watchers Magazine - November/December 2008 issue. An ad for Swanson Chicken Broth.
Top Review by Debbie R.
Delicious stuffing! The only fat that in this is from the dried bread. It's very simple to make. Vegetables are perfect texture; no messy softening in butter on the stovetop. I added 1/2 cup of egg substitute to make sure it had the texture of my Mom's stuffing. She usually added one or two eggs to the stuffing. It makes the bread cubes hold together better and ensures moisture. I also added several tablespoons of chopped fresh herbs.
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth (Swanson Regular, Natural Goodness or Certified Organic)
- 1 dash ground black pepper, generous dash
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package herb seasoned stuffing mix, Pepperidge Farm brand recommended
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the broth, black pepper, celery and onion in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Add stuffing and mix lightly.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture into a greased 3-quart casserole dish.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes or until hot.