Recipe by MizzNezz
Got this from a very old community cookbook. Kids really love em!
Top Review by rct
Totally decadent hot dogs. I remember making this recipe 35 years ago. Was/is my first or second favorite hot dog fixin'. There have been several varations posted but none beat the original. We didn't fry the but did them in the oven (broiler) turning as necessary. New version is do them on the wood fired grill for the smokey taste-yum!
- 8 beef hot dogs
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 slices American cheese
- 8 hot dog buns
- hot oil (, for frying)
- condiments (of your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a slit lengthwise in each hot dog.
- Cut each slice of cheese in half.
- Insert 1/2 slice cheese in each hot dog.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each and secure with toothpick.
- Put about 3 inches oil in heavy saucepan and heat to medium hot.
- Fry dogs about 3-4 minutes, until bacon is crisp.
- Drain on paper towel.