Source: Chef Stephen Perkins - Swan Terrace Restaurant, Virginia Beach
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 sheets phyllo dough
- 1/2 lb butter, melted
- 1/2 lb ganache or 4 chocolate truffles
- chocolate cake, four circles 2 inches in diameter (from recipe of your choice)
- 4 teaspoons Grand Marnier
- 2 pints raspberries
- 8 ounces good quality vanilla ice cream (4 small scoops)
- chocolate sprinkles, for garnish
- 4 ounces chocolate syrup
- 4 mint sprigs, for garnish
- powdered sugar, for garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Brush filo sheets with melted butter, repeat until you have 2 stacks, each one with 4 sheets of buttered filo dough.
- 3Cut each stack in half so you now have 4 stacks.
- 4Place a piece of chocolate cake sprinkled with Grand Marnier in the center of each stack.
- 5Place a ganache ball on top of each cake circle.
- 6Next, divide one pint of raspberries on top of the four ganache balls.
- 7Wrap each one in the filo dough so that it looks like a pouch-type purse, and brush the outsides with the remaining melted butter.
- 8Bake for 5 minutes.
- 9Present on individual plates garnished with the remaining raspberries, ice cream, chocolate sauce, chocolate decoration, mint sprigs and powdered sugar.
- 10Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swan Terrace Chocolate Beggar's Purses With Raspberries
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 816.4
- Calories from Fat 523
- Total Fat 58.1 g
- Saturated Fat 34.7 g
- Cholesterol 147.7 mg
- Sodium 656.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: