Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Source: Chef Stephen Perkins - Swan Terrace Restaurant, Virginia Beach
- 8 sheets phyllo dough
- 1⁄2 lb butter, melted
- 1⁄2 lb ganache or 4 chocolate truffles
- chocolate cake, four circles 2 inches in diameter (from recipe of your choice)
- 4 teaspoons Grand Marnier
- 2 pints raspberries
- 8 ounces good quality vanilla ice cream (4 small scoops)
- chocolate sprinkles, for garnish
- 4 ounces chocolate syrup
- 4 mint sprigs, for garnish
- powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Brush filo sheets with melted butter, repeat until you have 2 stacks, each one with 4 sheets of buttered filo dough.
- Cut each stack in half so you now have 4 stacks.
- Place a piece of chocolate cake sprinkled with Grand Marnier in the center of each stack.
- Place a ganache ball on top of each cake circle.
- Next, divide one pint of raspberries on top of the four ganache balls.
- Wrap each one in the filo dough so that it looks like a pouch-type purse, and brush the outsides with the remaining melted butter.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Present on individual plates garnished with the remaining raspberries, ice cream, chocolate sauce, chocolate decoration, mint sprigs and powdered sugar.
- Serve at once.