- 5 -6 ripe chunked tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dill
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 cup chopped dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle tomatoes with sugar; set aside.
- Melt butter and saute green onions.
- Add parsley, dill, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat.
- Add chicken stock.
- Whip milk and flour until smooth.
- Pour slowly into soup.
- Combine dumpling ingredients.
- Drop by teaspoon; boil until dumplings come to top.
- To serve, place a spoonful of sour cream in bottom of bowl, ladle soup over; garnish with dill.