Recipe by English_Rose
This easy recipe offers a coconut sauce with a real kick and makes a perfect partner for seafood and fish. To make lobster or shrimp Swahili simply prepare the seafood, marinate for 20 minutes in a little lime juice and add to the sauce. Cook for 2-3 minutes and serve with coconut rice.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1 1⁄2 inches fresh gingerroot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 red chilies, finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 egg tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 2⁄3 cups coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the olive oil into a large frying pan over a gentle heat and add all the ingredients, except for the coconut milk. Cook for 4-5 minutes until softened and then stir in the coconut milk.
- Simmer the mixture for 3-4 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.