Recipe by dukeswalker
This recipe was in the Jan/Feb 2009 issue of Cooking Light magazine. It was in their "Lighten Up" section - where a reader can submit a favorite recipe and COoking Light will make it healthier. This was very tasty and the kids LOVED them. Next time I might try and sub honey or brown rice syrup for the HFCS. I also increased the chocolate a teeny bit and spread it over the bars instead of drizzling it.
Top Review by crainelli_9790714
These were really good and had a great peanut flavor. I had to make them twice, the first time I think I cooked the mixture too long and ended up with tasty little bricks and a few broken teeth; but I could see the potential in the overall tase and had to try again. The second batch came out perfect.
- 1 3⁄4 cups peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 cups flaked whole grain cereal, crushed (like total)
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup dark chocolate, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients in heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook 4 minutes or until it just begins to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in peanuts & cereal.
- Spread mixture evenly i a 13x9 pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Melt chocoalte in microwave and drizzle over bars.
- Score into 36 bars while warm.