Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was in the Jan/Feb 2009 issue of Cooking Light magazine. It was in their "Lighten Up" section - where a reader can submit a favorite recipe and COoking Light will make it healthier. This was very tasty and the kids LOVED them. Next time I might try and sub honey or brown rice syrup for the HFCS. I also increased the chocolate a teeny bit and spread it over the bars instead of drizzling it.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook 4 minutes or until it just begins to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in peanuts & cereal.
- Spread mixture evenly i a 13x9 pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Melt chocoalte in microwave and drizzle over bars.
- Score into 36 bars while warm.
These were really good and had a great peanut flavor. I had to make them twice, the first time I think I cooked the mixture too long and ended up with tasty little bricks and a few broken teeth; but I could see the potential in the overall tase and had to try again. The second batch came out perfect.
I am a long time member of WW and this recipe fits my plan perfect. I LOVE peanut butter so this is right up my alley. This was very simple to prepare and even my DH enjoyed them. I did drizzle just a little chocolate over although I'm not a chocolate fan, but DH is! Great, Great recipe!!
These bars were absolutely delicious. I also increased the chocolate to 1/2 cup and spread it over the bars. The bars are very rich - and terrific with a glass of cold milk!