Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These burgers are very good. The salsa gives them a nice flavor. I like to serve them on whole wheat buns with avocado, lettuce and tomato. Pepper jack cheese is good on them as well. I make these up ahead of time and keep in the freezer for a quick meal. I can only find ground turkey in 1.25 lb. packages. This works fine for this recipe.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika (I use smoked paprika)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Place turkey in a medium sized bowl.
- Add rest of ingredients and mix well. I use my hands for this.
- Shape into 6 patties.
- To eat immediately: Grill or pan fry as desired.
- To freeze: Place on a cookie sheet and freeze until firm. Then transfer to a zipper freezer bag, seal and freeze.
- To serve: I grill these right from frozen. You can also thaw overnight in the fridge or in the microwave.
- Serve on buns with desired condiments.
This was a tad bit dry for us. Next time I'll use less breadcrumbs. I do like all the spices in this recipe.
My husband enjoyed this; he likes anything spicy! I didn't use as much breadcrumbs & used lean ground turkey. It was flavorful & delicious! Thank u for sharing!